- This event has passed.
Eastern Hub Meeting – Modern Methods of Construction
16 May, 2019 – 9:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
Essex County Council will be hosting the next SPACES Eastern Hub Meeting, on 16 May 2019, at County Hall, Chelmsford, starting promptly at 9.30, when the topic will be ‘Modern Methods of Construction’. The event is open to architects, building services engineers, and other building professionals. Contributions will be welcome from attendees with experiences they wish to share.
You can book your place below. This meeting is for SPACES members only. There is a limit of 28 guests for this event, so companies/organisations will be limited to a maximum two tickets, but a reserve list will be held should there still be any spare places a couple of days before the event.
This is the indicative programme for the morning:
9.30 – 9.35 Brief Introduction (ECC)
9.35 – 10.15 Background (Innovare: Paul Inch): General background to MMC
- History, types, drivers, myths etc.
10.15 – 10.45 Concertus’ Experience (Concertus: Charles Coulson & David Garrard)
- Reasons for offsite construction – the drivers have changed over the years, early on it was the drive for sustainability and use of renewable materials which led us to timber frame
- Our journey – past, present and future
- Methods of construction – Cross laminated timber – SIPS – stick built (on site) timber frame
- M&E services perspective
10.45 – 11.00 Break
11.00 – 11.30 Concertus’ Experience (contd.)
- Case studies demonstrating each of the above
- Effect on programme
- Cost benefits analysis
11.30 – 12.15 Audience perspectives, experiences and comments
12.15 A light lunch will be provided. (please advise of any dietary requirements)
Access: Public multi-storey car park (space permitting) 2 minutes walk; Chelmsford train station (5 minutes walk); Chelmsford Park & Ride bus service from either Sandon or Chelmer Valley, to Victoria Road South.