Entry is now closed. Shortlist to be published shortly.
This is your chance to promote a young member of your team/organisation who continues to go that extra mile and is deserving of wider national recognition within our industry.
In 2017 SPACES created a young visionary award to celebrate the good work being carried out by younger construction professionals (aged 18-30).
Who can be nominated? Any person who is delivering or who carries out maintenance projects for the public sector (e.g. consultant, contractor, etc.), or is employed by the public sector (local government, civil service, etc.) and is between 18-30 years old. Typical examples include surveyor, project manager, architect, engineer, contractor, sub contractor, etc.
You do NOT need to be a SPACES member to nominate or be nominated for the award.
You can download a copy of the submission form here.
This award forms part of the SPACES aim to develop a platform for young people to:
- connect multiple disciplines across government agencies, consultancies and constructors
- create an environment for young people to network with senior professionals to gain insight and knowledge within the wider building industry
- provide opportunities for career progression
- be a place to debate industry news
- provide recognition for young talent who will ‘form the future’ of the industry
The aim is to raise the profile of the huge breadth and quality of construction projects in the Public Sector and the wealth of experience young professionals can gain by working in or for the sector. We are looking for nominations for young professionals who have assisted in the development, design, construction and management of buildings.
The closing date for submissions, which must be made to SPACES Awards, is Friday 9th August. The form must be fully completed and duly signed off by a nominator.
A judging panel will evaluate against the criteria of:
- achieving high standards within their field
- development of their own skills
- commitment to their role/project
- demonstration of team working – making a positive impact on others
- involvement in the wider industry
It is anticipated that a shortlist will be announced by early September, those shortlisted will be invited to the Awards and President’s Dinner on 17 October 2019, where the winner will be announced.
You can find last year’s Visionary Award Winner here.
We are looking for advertisers for the yearbook that the Visionary Award will feature in. If you are interested and want to know more, please see our website.