In 2017 SPACES created a young visionary award to celebrate the good work being carried out by younger construction professionals (aged 18-30) within the public sector built environment. It is a celebration across a range of disciplines and spanning both private and public sector.
Due to its success, SPACES have decided to include this award again at their very successful President’s Dinner and Awards which will be held on the evening of 11 October in the Hilton Hotel in Cambridge.
This award forms part of the SPACES aim to develop a platform for young people to:
- Connect multiple disciplines across government agencies, consultancies and constructors
- Create an environment for young people to network with senior professionals to gain insight and knowledge within the wider building industry
- provide opportunities for career progression
- be a place to debate industry news
- provide recognition for young talent who will ‘form the future’ of the industry
The aim is to raise the profile of the huge breadth and quality of construction projects in the Public Sector and the wealth of experience young professionals can gain by working in or for the sector. We are looking for nominations for young professionals who have assisted in the development, design, construction and management of buildings.
How to apply
You can download a copy of the submissions form here.
The closing date for submissions, which must be made to Awards is Friday 6 July 2018. The form must be fully completed and duly signed off by a nominator.
Please submit completed forms to Awards.
A judging panel will evaluate against the criteria of:
- Achieving high standards within their field
- Development of their own skills
- Commitment to their role/project
- Demonstration of team working – making a positive impact on others
- Involvement in the wider industry
It is anticipated that a shortlist will be announced by the end of August 2018, those shortlisted will be invited to the President’s dinner on 11 October 2018, where the winner will be announced.
You can find last year’s Visionary Award Winner here.