There are still tickets available for this year’s study day.
Workshops for this year’s study day have been confirmed, and allows you to tailor the day to your needs.
- Climate-Based Daylight Modelling: Blue-Skies Research to Real-World Application John Mardaljevic, Professor of Building Daylight Modelling, School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering, Loughborough University
- Climate Change Adaptation: Understanding the Risks Hershil Patel, Head of Energy, DfE and Dr Tim Taylor, Consultant DfE
- Development of user friendly BMS Interface for Primary Schools. Winner of the Innovation Award at the SPACES Awards 2018 Steve Rufus, Service Manager for Engineering Services, Dorset Council.
- DfE Output Specification (OS) for School Buildings & Grounds Jennifer Coldrick, Architect/ Design Advisor DfE
- Digital Twin technology – example use cases – improvement of school operational performance, portfolio energy/BMS data management and creating a university campus Living Lab Eric Roberts, Business Development Manager, ICL
- Fire Safety Design in Education Premises David Thompson, Fire Safety Engineer, Atkins
- Innovative Learning Spaces & Teacher Change (ILETC)’ Research from AUS & NZ + Pencoed School, Wales Shane Cryer, Concept Developer – Education, Saint-Gobain Ecophon
- Learning from schools – knowledge share Ann Bodkin, Head of Design Intelligence DfE
- Special Educational Needs Design Workshop Mark Pratt, Strategic SEN Design Advisor DfE
- Using the DfE’s Building Bulletins 103 and 104 to Make Best Use of the Existing School Estate Alex Wakefield, Regional Director, Faithful+Gould and Rob Tozer, Managing Director, 1st Planner
- Wear your own shoes, walk in someone else’s Sarah Lambshead, National Education Sector Manager at Willmott Dixon
- Wellbeing in Education Environments Richard Williams, Velux
- Working with Local Authorities in the development of School Programmes Dr Jose Hernandez, Director Sustainability and Energy, Pick Everard
(SPACES holds no responsibility for changes to the workshop programme).
See additional information (as of 11th June) for more information on the presenters and presentations.